Hi fellow crafters, for my DT post at Cheery Lynn Designs this week I am sharing a tutorial on my Lollipop card and I hope it inspires you to make one with all the gorgeous doily dies we have here at Cheery Lynn Designs.
I decided to make my Lollipop card a 3D design and concertina my doily, so I started by cutting out 5 doilies and shading with some ink at the edges. You will notice in the photo I cut half way into my doilies and scored down the sections to fold.
I then glued all my doilies together to form my rosette shape, gluing on to co-ordinating Angel Wing.
Next I added several layers of foam tape to the centre so my topper would have stability when I glued in place.
My topper in place as seen here.
I cut out another Angel Wing Doily decorating it to complement the front and drop shadowed my Thank You sentiment to make it pop.
I held my straw in place on my decorated back panel with some extra strong tape.
I used a fast drying glue to adhere the front to the back, holding in place until it gripped.
My Flourish was embossed with a Shabby Pale Green shade. Adding on my flowers and leaves.
My paper tassels were made by recycling bead ends from an old necklace and using my Cutie Fringe die strip.
Finishing off with some small flowers and pearls.
Good luck to everyone who is entering the Cheery Lynn Designs current challenge Pretty in Purple.
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my previous scheduled post, we had a lovely few days away celebrating my Daughter's 21st Birthday.
Shop at Cheery Lynn For:
- DL151 Victorian Romance Flourish
- DL103 Italian Flourish Doily
- DL103A Italian Flourish Doily Wing
- B315 Ivy Corner Flourish
- CABD-72 Chrysanthemum
- DL272 Horizon Circle Boutique Stacker Frame
- XM-5 Circle Scalloped Stackers
- M4 Circle Classic
- B258 Cutie Fringe I
- B376 Tiny Flower Kit
- Cut it Up Challenges - 3D Project
- Creative artiste Mixed Media - Anything Goes
- Fussy and Fancy - Say it with Flowers
- Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
- Frilly and Funkie - Pastels and Pearls
- Stampin Royalty - To die for
- Craft-dee Bows - Anything Goes with hand made bow
- Emerald Faeries Challenge - Anything Goes
- Lets Create Challenges - Hearts and/or Flowers
- Pink Gem Challenge Blog - Anything But a Card