Translator

Saturday 21 March 2015

Daffodil / Narcisi Flower Tutorial


Hi Everyone and a huge welcome to my new followers. I would just like to thank everybody so much for their lovely comments on my Spring Bouquet last week, I loved reading them all. I had a few people requesting a tutorial on how I made my Daffodils out of the Cheery Lynn Black- Eyed Susan Strip, so here it is for my Cheery Lynn Designs DT post.


These are the products I used to make my flowers. It is important to use Watercolour card for this technique and a Dye based ink. I found the Adirondack Ink (Sunshine Yellow)  kept the vibrance on my flowers the best out of all the Dye inks I have.


Spritz the die cut flower with water to dampen the paper but do not soak as it will go too limp. I like to press the water into the paper, then fold the flower as shown.


Keeping a tight grip on your petals, press and rub into your ink pad. Next dip into the water, lift out and press to remove excess water. You will now see how the ink has travelled down your petals to colour them. If you wish a stronger colour repeat the process.


Carefully open your flower back up. Pinch the ends of the petals as shown and press against your thumb to form the shape of your Daffodil. Dry with your heat gun re-pinching the ends of your petals half way through to re-tighten. Continue until totally dry. Your paper should now feel firm.


Cut the die cut strip in half winding around a cocktail stick repeating the colouring and drying process. I like to work with Pergamano or Cosmic Shimmer glue as find it grips quickly and doesn't soak into the cardstock /paper making it limp.


Cut a petal out of your flower to give the look of a Daffodil and press in the centre with your embossing tool.


Next put a little glue at the base and around the sides of the centrepiece.


Position the petals around the centre and hold in place for a couple of minutes.


Leave until almost dry and then start to pull petals back to open your finished flower. 


The bud is made in the same way without the centre piece. Just add a little glue and crush the petals gently together. Notice how I covered the base of the bud with a leaf and a little grass for a realistic look.


I die cut my Chicken Wire adding randomly Rusty Hinge distress stain.


Next I added Versamark ink along with Silver and Verdigris powders and heat embossed to give the look of rusty chicken wire.


I added Brushed Corduroy, Mustard Seed and Chipped Sapphire onto my tag. Spritz and flicked. I then layered on stencils and a little text stamping for more interest.


Accents of the Chicken wire were added onto my tag.


My Butterfly was shaded with Distress Inks and layered up 3 times for dimension and some bling added down the centre.


Here are the flowers once again on my finished tag with the beautiful Mayan Butterfly. 

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and I look forward to seeing all your beautiful Daffodils that you create for your own projects.

Also, welcome to our new talented Design Team members, Lisa, Jenny and Eva. Click HERE to read all about them over at Cheery Lynn Designs. 

Happy Crafting,

Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for :





26 comments:

  1. I loved this Julie. The chicken wire is also another fab die. Happy weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! Beautiful tag! The little daffodils are superb. Thank you for the step by step. It's really helpful indeed! Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this Julie. The chicken wire is also another fab die. Happy weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tag, adore the delicate butterfly and the flower tutorial is wonderful, spring has started! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous design and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Julie ! Fabulous ! Love all,and the vintage Colors !
    THANKS for the tutorial,Thank you very much !
    Have a Nice week end !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,firstly what a beautiful tag and secondly thank you so much for sharing Julie,the daffodils are just mouth watering in their realism.
    Have a fab weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag Julie, so many wonderful layers . Thanks for sharing flower tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Julie, great flower tutorial and I love the background and that stunning butterfly. Such a wonderful Spring time tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Julie...thanks for the tutorial! You are a flower expert!
    Have a nice weekend!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous tag, great spring feeling. The flowers are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A delicious tag Julie plus a great tutorial, so easy to follow. Fabby colour scheme as usual.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tag and wonderful flowers too !
    Thanks so much for this great tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoi Julie,
    Beautiful tag Julie,lovely colors. thanx you for the great tutorial.
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tutorial is fantastic Julie and the flowers are just stunning - they look so realistic. I love the wonderful butterfly on your tag and the chicken wire die is a great addition. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just been over - this is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous flowers and butterfly!!! Thank you for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful tutorial Julie, thank you so much for sharing your expertise!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning tag! Love the beautiful butterfly and the chicken wire! Thank you for the detailed tutorial!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, Julie! This is a great Daffodil making tutorial! This beautiful tag is just full of Spring delights and I really love how you're bejeweling your butterflies of late :) Soooo pretty!! Thanks for sharing your techniques!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful flower tutorial Julie and the tag is just gorgeous! That chicken wire is so realistic, all rusted like that, and your butterfly is just stunning! What a wonderful spring tag! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great tutorial and a fabulous tag showcasing those glorious narcissi - wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Greetings Julie, Fabulous tutorial I will be trying my hand at making some of those gorgeous flowers. Love the tag, textures, color and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Julie, thank you for your wonderful tutorial I have loved reading this morning, your daffodils are absolutely gorgeous!!! I don't have this die but another one quite similar I think, I will try do do them and link to your blog post if I do it. Your background and everything on this tag is fantastic, I love it! Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for all the great tips Julie...so well done....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous Julie! Love seeing how you made these treasures! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10