Translator

Saturday 18 April 2015

Ballerina Girl


Hi Everyone,  I think we all have dreamed of becoming a Ballet Dancer at some point in our lives and today I am showcasing the beautiful Arabesque Ballerina from the Cheery Lynn April 2015 NewRelease, which I have used on my my DT card for this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.


I die cut my frame, inking the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I stamped a script stamp and also inked the edges of the centrepiece, finally mounting all onto a peach/pink coloured cardstock.


My Ballet shoes were cut out twice in white Cardstock, I coloured them with Copic Pens and a layer of Mica Powders to give them a look of Satin. I double layered my bow for added dimension.


My Ballerina was cut out in white cardstock and coloured with Copic Pens and Distress Ink onto her dress, with a touch of Mica Powders on her shoes. The bottom part of her dress was layered up 3 times to give added dimension and some tiny flowers added to the waist band.


Tiny flowers were added onto my flourish, finally finishing off my card with some bling. My finished card measures approx - 41/5" x 6"

You can now follow my Blog on Networked Blogs by clicking on the Follow this Blog button on the top right side of my page.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by,

Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for New Release Dies:

Other Cheery Lynn Dies Used:


21 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Julie x the ballerina is stunning but I adore the ballet shoes. The mica powders have created a gorgeous finish and the bow looks fantastic too. Have a lovely weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Julie, I love the frame - it is gorgeous, lovely layout. No for me it was a gymnast not a ballerina, wanted to be Nadia Comaneci! Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow, what an amazing elegant card, Julie! I love all the dies you used there! Gorgeous background, soft fabulous colors, awesome details! I love your detailed frame! Absolutely beautiful creation!
    Hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Julie with a gorgeous vintage feel. Love the layered skirt. My daughter studied ballet for many years and even went to White Lodge a couple of times but medicine called her. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,such a beautiful card Julie.....and yes I was one of those little girls that wanted to be a ballerina ;)
    I love everything about this but especially the ballet pumps,they look like suede,wonderfully done
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Julie. Very soft and feminine. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Julie this is gorgeous!!! I love those Ballet slippers!!! I so need to get them! The way you layered the ballerina's skirt is absolutely genius! What a gorgeous card this is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, such nice soft colors. What all little girls dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Il always look forward to your Saturday CL posts Julie, another real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The frame is gorgeous, as is the Ballerina but for me, the shoes are just fantastic. The way you have coloured them makes them look so realistic and the bow is so beautiful. This is such a gorgeous feminine card. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how vintage, soft and elegant this is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, any ballerina would be thrilled to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card Julie! that die cut frame is so pretty! and the layered skirt of the dancers costume adds such depth to your design! hugs, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dream of being a ballet dancer went away years ago Julie when they kicked me out of the class because I was always laughing.

    A really elegant card.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Julie love your card colors and Especially that beautiful leafy flourish
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Yes! This is just what I wanted to be - and with lace and pink ballet shoes too! Fabulous Julie! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW - stunning and love those ballet shoes! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love how you framed the lovely Ballerina! What a stunning feminine card, Julie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I had the dream... what a lovely card, Julie - a perfect showcase for that elegant ballerina.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10