Translator

Saturday 10 October 2015

Winter Wedding


Hi Everyone, winter is fast approaching now in Scotland and a lot of people like to have a Winter Wedding in hope of some snow. So I thought for my DT card at Cheery Lynn Designs it would be nice to share some inspiration for a Wedding card to give in the Winter with soft wintry shades.


Here is a photograph of my first few layers. I tore my paper and inked at the edges with Spun Sugar and cut my doilies in half, placing them behind the cardstock.


I now added my leaf flourish and also cut and pieced another leaf flourish on to my card.


My words were layered for a shadow effect and I added an extra layer on to my banner by fussy cutting and tattering the edges.


My flowers were made using the Sweet Christine die. I added a little gem in to the centres and also made some small buds using the same die to add some more interest on to my bouquet.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn For :


16 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, this is just soooo stunning! A new favourite I think, I am in love with the colour scheme and how you put this together. Those little flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Julie what a stunning design....so cleverly put together
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Julie! The details are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I don't know, think a summer wedding is nicer Julie! Fab card with a beautiful muted colour palette
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A winter wedding with snow in the right dress sounds magical Julie, as is your pretty card. Love all those layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The papers you used are beautiful, I love the ripped effect and the outcome is a truly stunning card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie, this is too gorgeous! I just love your card designs they are awesome. Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. a Wedding in the winter, than it's cold outside, bbrrrr. But your card is heart warming! Beautifull coulors and flowers! Very nice wedding card!!!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and unusual design Julie!!! LOVE that you've done something so different and beautiful for a wedding. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Oh, Ohhh, I think this is my new fave of yours! Elegant, beautiful and shabby chic stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Julie, any winter bride (and groom!) would be thrilled to receive it on their special day,. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Julie! The perfect colours and those little flowers sprinkled over the centre look amazing! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely winter wedding card Julie! love the strips, the doilies peeking out and the beautiful flowers! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! Beautiful shabby. Love the dies! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning, Julie! The way you've layered those delicate filigree die-cuts is superb - a wonderful design and a beautiful, beautiful card.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunner! Love this diagonal design and the bit of frill. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10