Translator

Thursday 22 June 2017

Perfume Bottle Tutorial - Cherish The Memory


Hi everyone, Today I am sharing a tutorial on how I have upcycled a glass air freshener bottle for my post with Cherish The Memory.


I started by giving my bottle a coat of Gesso, this helps to give the glue something to grip onto and shows the colour of the Decoupage papers off better than it going onto a clear surface.


I tore my beautiful shabby look Decoupage Paper into small pieces and glued in place on my bottle.


Once dry I added a fairly thick layer of Crackle Glaze being careful not to have drips. This took a couple of hours to dry thoroughly.


Once dry I coated it in Antiquing Cream, letting this dry for a few minutes before rubbing back with an old cloth to reveal the crackles.


I then sealed my bottle with a couple of coats of Gloss Varnish.


I love how it now looks like crazed porcelain.


I added my pretty Gemstone Tape to the neck of the bottle. Cherish The Memory stock several styles of this tape in a selection of Gems and Pearls and is the perfect finishing touch.


I added some Copper Embossing Powder to the base of my bottle. My Crafty Individuals perfume stamp was stamped in Archival Ink adding some Embossing Powder around the edges and shading my card with Tattered Rose ink.


I mounted this onto a little cheesecloth, glued in place adding a couple of butterflies to finish.

Cherish The Memory Products Used:

Please check out Cherish The Memory Etsy Shop to see their beautiful range of papers and craft packs with new items being added weekly. You can also follow them on the following links :
https://www.facebook.com/ctmcrafts/   


Crafty Hugs, 

Julie x

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and love the bling

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Julie, so elegant and I adore the crackle. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work love the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is soooooo beautiful Julie, you always capture the vintage look so perfectly
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! May I ask where you go the new lid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, they are Christmas tree decorations purchased from The Range 😃

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10