Translator

Thursday 18 December 2014

Home For Christmas

Click To Enlarge

Hi Everyone and a warm welcome to my new followers, lovely to have you join me in my creative journey. Thanks so much to everyone for the wonderful comments left on my projects at A Vintage Journey, I have loved reading every one of them and promise to get around to visiting all your blogs at some point.

Over at Compendium of Curiosities 3, I can't believe they are on to Challenge #17 already and having not managed to play along with their challenges recently it is lovely to be able to enter Woodlands and Tinsel Twine. You will find how to do this technique on Page 60 of Tim's new book which you can purchase a signed copy of HERE.
Inspiration Emporium are also giving one lucky entrant a shopping spree of $50 dollars to spend in their shop and there is also a generous prize donated from Tim and Mario. 

I made this little house shortly after making my Little House of Curiosities which many of you will remember and for new followers you can check it out HERE and I am so glad it's finally Christmas time and I can share it with you all. It also compliments my Christmas Altered Clock that I made.

I am not going to go into a full tutorial with this one as I know how busy everyone is at this time of year, but please ask me if you would like to know how anything was made.





The techniques applied to the outside of my house are very similar to my Little House of Curiosities project which you can view HERE. They are both part of my ongoing series of house projects. 


We'll start from the top of the house with the Star, this started off as a wooden shape covered in several layers of embossing powders.


The Reindeers and sleigh are also wooden shapes treated with stamping and embossing techniques and a little gilding wax and gems. My tree, I followed Tim's techniques on page 60 of his new book and I added a little distress glitter to the base.


I love this photograph that Chris took, it makes Santa's sleigh magical, don't you think?



The angel wing was from an old earring.


The floor is made from coffee stirrers, the candles are wooden with beeswax dripped on to them. The wick was coloured and glossy accents applied.


A small selection of buttons and dolls house bits make up this room.


My Christmas tree was made from a Martha Stewart punch and built up to form this bushy tree. Cheery Lynn now have a die to make this style of tree, which you can buy HERE. Pasta shapes were wrapped up to make the presents.


Some more double embossing on a metal shape decorate this corner and some stamping in the background.


The Christmas garland was made by wrapping strips of paper around a paint brush and gluing to form rings and linked together to form the garland, I used to make these as a child at school.The Santa letter was stamped and torn at the edges. 


A little bead work was used to make my figures.


The Christmas Day tag had stamping and embossing techniques applied.


Can you see Tim's technique from page 60 in his new book on my tinsel ? My poinsettia and holly leaves were dipped in to the melt pot for a faux porcelain technique - thanks Hels




My roof tiles were made from a heart punch.  


Another angle of some of the rooms.


I hope you have enjoyed my festive post.

Julie x

I wish to enter this in to :



25 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas keepsake Julie, I love all the details, especially the little gingerbread men..so sweet. There is so much love put into this...it's just delightful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Christmas treat this is! Looking forward to seeing this on my computer -too many lovely details to see properly on my phone! You have made a great start to my day! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it would take me about 3 days to try an comment on all of the things that I love about this project, so I will just bow down and shout to the world WHOOP WHOOP! Well done Julie! holiday hugs :)

    Just wondering what stencil you used for the outer walls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,you have done it again! I can't describe how truly wonderful this is,I especially love the candles and gingerbread men.....I want to move into this little house for my Christmas:))

    Extra big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW oh WOW!!! Amazing and gorgeous! Each box is filled to the brim with wonderfulness! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Woodlands and Tinsel Twine challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Julie! This is amazing! This is definitely a work of love as each box is so detailed and beautiful...something to enjoy over the years! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, this is pure joy to look at, I just want to reach out and touch everything! Pasta presents - what a fantastic idea and that tree is just stunning. As for the photo Chris took, it really is magical! Absolutely stunning work Julie! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I could look at it for hours there is so much to see and so many techniques! It took me to Christmas World for a few minutes! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Julie this is just amazing so perfectly designed and created

    have a wonderful holiday season and a Healthy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning project, all the details look fabulous, it takes more than one look to see them all. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning - Julie! Amazing details - just adorable. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolute delight Julie! Truly fantastic. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done! So much detail. I love just starring at it and finding something different everytime I look. Clareene

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG...this is amazing....You are a real artist....Thanx for joining us at the final challenge at SCH.
    Big hug for you....Plony

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous; it must have taken you so long to create all those little details, and well worth it! Lots of great ideas here; thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie...this is absolutely breathtaking! I am totally and completely in LOVE with everything about your vintage piece. The colors, the warmth of the piece, the beauty of each and every compartment...it's just Fabulous! Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Juliz, This is a stunning piece of art work!! I love all the little items you have made and the use of the old ear ring and absolutely adore all the texture you have going on throughout it all. Thankyou for joining ua at That Craft Place. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wooooooooowwwww Julie!!!!! Simply FABULOUS Christmas house, I love every detail, so much attention is given to everything, and all the little scenes are so lovey!!! Amazing masterpiece once again! Thank you for the exquisite photos and or for the link on your previous tutorial. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are the winner at SCH: Congratulations Juile !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that I've picked myself off the floor, I can say how incredibly breath-taking this creation is. A labor of love and worth it. I loved looking at all the little details. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my Gosh; you made another one! Love all the details; the rooms are all amazing, but my favourite is the baking room. So cute! Thanks ever so much for sharing this fantastic creation with us at LLC; I can tell it has definitely been made with lots and lots of love! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Julie.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Julie what can I say! There are so many beautiful things to look at here, and I LOVE how you've made a roof from a heart punch! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunningly gorgeous creation, such a fabulous take on the challenge. You always put such detail in your projects, a delight to visit! Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015 Julie! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10