|Click to Enlarge|
Hello and welcome, lovely to have you stop by and see my DT Post for A Vintage Journey today.
This fortnight Sandy has chosen this amazing challenge'Use A Portrait' and what fun I have had making my project. The challenge runs for 2 weeks and is sponsored by Countryview Crafts with one lucky winner winning a £10 Shopping Spree. You could also win the chance to be our next Guest Creative Guide. Please check out HERE for full details and to see all the projects from my super talented Teamies.
I had the idea of making a Vintage Travel Photo Frame and came across this photo of an Antique one on the Internet and was now totally inspired to replicate this in my own interpretation.
I wanted the outside of my frame to look like it was bound in leather.
Using 300 gsm Kraft card stock I spritzed a mix of Glycerine and Water onto my card to soften the fibres and began to crush my card.
I used my stains on my Kraft Sheet to swipe my card stock through.
I spritz on some Stains.
Once dry I used my embossing folder to add my texture and blended on Black Soot to the edges and raised areas.
I stitched 2 rows of black stitching around the perimeter. Following this I dabbed on a layer of Mod Podge to seal and gave a glossy feel. A Tip - When you apply the glue do not brush on as you will distort your ink with it being water soluble, hence why I dabbed with my brush.
I cut out 2 pieces of chipboard and applied my texture paste aligning up my stencil once texture paste had dried to fill the complete piece of chipboard.
In this photo you will see I added Tarnished Brass Distress paint and once dry I coated with a layer of Acrylic paint letting this partially dry before wiping back with a baby wipe.
My images I cut out with an oval die and stamped 2nd generation ink around the edges.
I then mounted onto an oval cut out of the same size from cereal packaging and went around the edges with a Brown Copic Pen.
I die cut using cereal packaging and glued 2 Layers together. This was to give the illusion of being a metal frame. Once dry they were all coated with Distress Paint.
I love how Tim puts accents of burlap onto projects. I stained a woven string piece and applied in middle.
I layered a stained piece of Cheesecloth behind my mounted photos.
I made my corners applying same paint techniques as before and a little gilding wax.
I made a mould from a heart shaped button and added some paper clay into my mould.
This is the finished result off it.
Here is another look at the inside.
Thanks for stopping by and I'd love if you have time to leave a comment.