Translator

Saturday 24 January 2015

Steampunk Valentine


Hi Everyone, for my DT post at Cheery Lynn Designs this week I made a Valentine card with a Steampunk twist to tie in with their Challenge - Sweethearts ' Add a Heart '


You will see on this photograph how I cut my first layer in red card adding the Gear dies, layering some to the front and some behind. I cut a lot in half as new this was the area that was only going to be seen on my card.

                                                            
                                                         B523 Deutchland Border Set      


                               DL292 Lords and Commons A2 Stacker Frame

The next layer showcases two of our new dies which you can position anywhere on your card, the choice is yours.


I added my steampunk corners to the sides, layering on more Gears and adding a little Stencilling with inks onto my paper. See how the die cuts really pop mounted onto the red card.


My Stampotique images were kindly given to me by my blog friend Donna from Inky and Quirky. I fussy cut the figures out and coloured with Copic pens - aren't they cute !


My Hearts and Arrows were cut out in Red, Black and White Cardstock, you will see how I paper pieced the layers back together which adds dimension and a shadow effect.


My sentiment was a sticker in my stash.

Thanks for stopping by I appreciate your visit and comments, 

Enjoy your Weekend.

Julie x 

Shop at Cheery Lynn for - New Release: 


Other Cheery Lynn Dies


12 comments:

  1. Ha ha oh this is fab Julie! Those 2 look made for each other,such a pretty couple ;)
    Wonderful card and beautifully put together as always,love it
    Have a fab weekend
    Big Stampotique hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Donna had a hand in this! What an amazing card Julie! I just love all the romance combined with the quirky and the grungy! Such a fabulous combination of styles and colours, just fantastic!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Julie! What a fabulous combination of imagery. Nxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely Julie ! beautiful color ,details.
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie, I LOVE this steampunk card, The Stampotique images are fantastic and the Cheery Lynn dies work so well with them too - who would have thought.... Beautiful card. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Julie, the colour palette is so unusual and works brilliantly with the images you have used. Love it.
    Happy Sunday
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually I think of Cheery Lynn dies as very lacy feminine. Your card shows how versatile they are by becoming dark steampunk with the stampotique images.! I also like how your gears are peeking out at the sides and the heart with arrow.Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an amazing project. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously quirky Julie! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you can hear my squeal of delight Julie I love those Stampotique images and how you have used them.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10