Translator

Saturday 21 November 2015

Baby Book


Hi Everyone, today for my DT post I am sharing with you a decorated cover for a Baby Book using one of Cheery Lynn Designs fab new Memory Book dies. There are many different designs and Mike Dywan has kindly made a video to explain how you make these which you can view HERE.

I decided I wanted a semi hardback cover to my book so initially glued a sheet of paper to a lightweight GreyBoard and then die cut my spine and cover. 


Next I die cut out single sheets of paper and glued to the inside of my front and back covers. The three layers together would have been too much for the die cutting machine to cut but took the two together with ease.


I rubbed ink around the edges of my die cuts before gluing together to form my book. I cut out the spine once again in white card and stamped the name Kirsty into the hearts and re- inserted them into the spine.


My flowers I pressed a little ink onto the White Cardstock and then sprayed with a little water. I squeezed each petal into the finished shape shown and dried with my heatgun then added a fancy pearl button to the centre.


My image was coloured with Copics and I added a little ink to the frame whilst my die was in place to leave a white border around it.


A view of the inside with blank white pages.


My Pennant die I cut out in patterned and white cardstock. I used the waste part of the White die cut to mount onto my flags for a double layer and used the little Hearts that had come out the border edge strip of my book, finishing off by stamping on the word Baby.

Thanks for stopping by today.  

Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for :


13 comments:

  1. I saw the video Julie...they're interesting dies.Your baby book is gorgeous....the pennants really make it pop. This would much such a beautiful baby gift. Keep snug...it's even sleeting here in Surrey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie
    Quite handy this new Dies , your booklet looks very nice and quickly made ​​an album . thanks for the video makes it quite clear!
    Nice weekend....xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Julie. Love all the pinks and that little banner is so adorable. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Julie...love the pastel colors
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable, love the hearts down the binding. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful baby book Julie. So many interesting things too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is just so beautiful Julie, I love that Magnolia image - she looks perfect on the cover. The flowers are stunning and I just adore the little banner.... beautiful work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww - this is so lovely. Any Mom would be thrilled to receive. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous make Julie! Love that little fancy banner!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gift and I love those little flowers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Utterly adorable, Julie - the papers are so pretty, the image coloured so delightfully - it's just lovely.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10