Translator

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Tea for Two - Mixed Media Project


Hi everyone, for my DT post with Craft Consortium this week I decided it would be fun to alter an old unloved teapot I picked up in a junk shop with this beautiful decoupage paper called Tea Party.

I started by ripping my paper into approx 2 inches roughly in diameter and glued onto my teapot with Mod Podge.


Once all dry I added a thick layer of Decoart Crackle Glaze and let it thoroughly dry and the magic of crackles appear. I then rubbed in some Decoart Antiquing cream to highlight my crackles and sealed with a gloss varnish.


I love how the crackles look like crazed porcelain.


My tea for two was stamped adding a couple of Craft Consortium's Resin Roses which I had pressed into my Versamark ink pad and heat embossed with Frantage powder, I love the shabby feel of them to compliment my teapot.


At this point I decided I needed a teacup to go with this so decided to upcycle  an old family porcelain teacup that was passed its best for holding tea.


I used the same techniques as on my teapot, I also painted my handle and rim with some gold alcohol ink. Finishing with some lace and fussy cut butterflies which I added a layer of gloss varnish to.


I do hope you feel inspired to upcycle an item with Decoupage.

This is my second post today so please scroll down to see my Festive card.

Please do check out Craft Consortium to see their exquisite range of Decoupage papers, stunning embellishments and paper pads on Facebook for inspiration and regular giveaways, you will also find them on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.

Thanks for stopping by again today.

Crafty Hugs, 
Julie x 

Craft Consortium Products Used:



14 comments:

  1. This is really just so cool! What a great upcycle and piece of home decor! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie this is amazing!!! I love the crackle and the old look!
    Beautiful paper and a perfect coppel? the cup and pot!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is awesome!!
    I would never ever have thought about pimping a teapot, but now I think I have to go to the junkshop (LOL).
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous, Julie. Love your decoupaged tea-pot & cup & saucer. Really neat finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous pair!! The decoupage paper is beautiful and looks even more beautiful with the crackling, the gold colour on the cup and spoon gives a touch of oppulence and the sentiment plaque on the tea pot looks like porcelain - a totally fabulous transformation! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation ! Looooooveeeee !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that's stunning Julie, complete transformation, they look absolutely gorgeous now
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - this is stunning! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Julie and well thought out, love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness how pretty your teapot looks. It's gorgeous just by itself but even better with the matching teacup and saucer. Love the added butterflies. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohmy this is so beautiful, Julie! Such elegance and prettyness. I love the butterly details, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10