Translator

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Life Moments


Hi everyone, today for my DT card at Cheery Lynn Designs I am sharing some more inspiration with their fabulous new release of Vintage Dies, gosh I'm loving this new collection so much. My card today would also look great as a scrapbook layout and could easily be made more feminine in design by changing the colours and adding a few flowers.




I started by adding some film strips to my cardstock, distressing the card at the edges and adding some Distress ink. I positioned my film strip die on my photos and cut them, this way they were the perfect size to insert into the film strip.


I matted and layered my centre dies, cutting one out in the dark red to make my Design 'pop', adding a stamped sentiment and foam strips between my layers for added dimension.


My Vintage Camera was highlighted with a silver pen on the embossed areas, I also added a touch of Gilding wax onto the concertina area to look like old leather. I layered up the front and back areas 3 times to give added dimension, paper piecing these bits together in a similar way I built my Gramophone which you can see HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you feel inspired by my card.
Crafty Hugs, 

Julie x  

Cheery Lynn Dies Used -

10 comments:

  1. What a great vintage card Julie. The pop of red is perfect.These new dies are brilliant and as always you showcase them so well.I'm so glad you managed to get your sentiment stamp...it's a goodie! Have a great week, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this vintagecard! The filmstrips are amazing and so is the camera. All together it makes a great card.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous vintage make Julie! Love that film strip border die! It is on my wish list now :)
    Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous vintage card Julie, I love it!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Julie, love the vintage look. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Julie, I especially love that old camera, looks really cool
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card ! lovely design.
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous vintage card, Julie. I love the vintage photography theme, from that fabulous camera to the lovely photos to the strips of film adding movement, energy and framing. Brilliantly done!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collage card Julie and such a good idea for using all those vintage photos, super composition and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10