Translator

Wednesday, 7 March 2018

Repost - Tutorial Post for That Craft Place



Hi everyone, I am just re-posting my tutorial post onto my blog as it was previously posted at That Craft Place a couple of years ago when I was on their Design Team with only a link from my blog to take you to this tutorial. I wish to now keep as a reference on my blog rather than it being lost in cyberspace with their blog being closed down rather than it sitting continuously in my drafts box. So please don't feel obliged to comment, but enjoy the post.
                                                      
                                                            Blog Post Copy

Hi Everyone, it's Julie here today from Juliz Design Post and I am sadly sharing my last DT tutorial with you at present here at That Craft Place, as our challenge blog and Natter and chatter group are taking a long extended holiday.

Lisa sells the most beautiful MDF Shrines in different shapes along with great embellishments to add to them in Greyboard and MDF, so please check out her shop links at the end of my post as these will still be remaining open.

So let me take you through the process of my shrine.


These are all the sections that come in the kit to start the project, ( my finished shrine measures approx 2.5" x 4.5" ).


You will see I painted all my inside sections apart from the front of my house.


In this photo you will see I added on some heat embossed detail.


Next I made templates in greyboard so I could add a roof onto my house by simply drawing around my shapes. I also roughly worked out placement of embellishments although I changed a bit later on.


I covered my greyboard in Metal foil and ran through my embossing folder. 


I  added my paint and let it slightly dry before buffing back with a dry baby wipe.


I glued my greyboard onto the MDF and added on some rust effects to the edges.



I glued lace onto the front and painted it with Black Gesso.


I then blended in some Mica Powders for highlights with a little water over my lace.


I felt at this point the background was a little dark in my house so I gave it a wash with Titan Buff.



I mixed Bronze Micro Beads with some Matt Gel Medium and applied through my stencil onto my roof. Once this was dry I dripped Alcohol Inks over it.  


I love the look it gives almost like an Abalone Shell.



Side on and rear views were highlighted with Inka Golds at the embossed detail. My feet are sewing machine bobbins with some alcohol inks on them. 


I added alcohol ink onto my pearls for a more Industrial look and then glued them around the window opening.


I Rusted my cogs using Andy Skinner's Techniques.


A close up view of the inside showing the cogs in place. My hearts had a layer of Crackle paint and were sprayed with Tarnished Brass Spray Stain, I wiped them back and added a little Black Paint to the edges.


My key was heat embossed with various Embossing and Distress Powders, wrapping around with a little wire. 


I brought out more highlights in my lace using Viva Decor Inka Golds in coordinating shades.




A couple of finished photos. All products used in this post are available at the links below to the shop.

If you have enjoyed my posts at That Craft Place I'd love for you to pop over HERE to my blog to continue to follow me. My followers buttons are down my sidebar and I look forward to following your blog too.


Crafty Hugs,

Julie x
Links you need to know.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have to comment! I think I remember this. Your wonderful way with 3D first attracted me to your blog, and I'm thrilled that you posted this again, Julie! So many great details! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to see this again and you're right to post it . I think I may have some posts hanging around too must have a look. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...