Translator

Saturday 24 May 2014

Time for Dad.



Hello there blogging friends and a warm welcome to my new followers. It's my day to share my post over at Cheery Lynn designs and the challenge this week is Make it Manly and with Father’s Day fast approaching here in the UK, I thought it would be nice to share a masculine card with you.



 I cut out the Steampunk Clock in black cardstock and also in gold mirri card. I then paper pieced elements together to make the workings of the clock stand out. I rubbed over my mirri card with a little Archival Ink to give it an aged appearance. The clock die comes with a background circle die too, which is a great idea as it really sets your clock off and makes it ‘pop’ on the page. I cut my background out with kraft paper and added a little crackles and distress.



The new Steampunk Corners are a fabulous accent to a card or scrapbook page. I cut mine out in black cardstock and rubbed a little gilding wax over to give a metallic look and complimented them with the gears die on my card which were also cut out in mirri card.


I’m off to the Craft Fair at Ingliston, Edinburgh for some lovely retail craft therapy on Sunday, love you to say Hi if you see me. Thanks for popping by and for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Julie x

I would like to enter this in to : That's Crafty Challenge - Use Kraft

Shop At Cheery Lynn For :

  • XL-2 Square Scalloped
  • L-1 Square- Classic
  • L 253 Horizon Square Boutique Stacker Frames
  • B357 Clock w/Angel Wing
  • B437 Steampunk Corner Set
  • B340 Gears
  • DL278 Horizon Fishtail Banners 
  • 9 comments:

    1. Fantastic card Julie. Enjoy your day at Ingliston, wish I could have gone. Hugs Rita xxx

      ReplyDelete
    2. That is such a great clock die and I love the crackle treatment you gave it. This is a wonderful male card. Hope you have fun at the craft fair. Anne xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. A beautiful, male card Julie. I love the crackle on the clock face.Enjoy the retail therapy. I hope you find some gorgeous things! Julie Ann xxx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Fantastic card and wow, what an amazing die!! Love how you aged the mirri card, makes it look so much more genuine! Those corners look fab too. And guess what? I'll be in Ingliston! If you look anything like your photo I might recognize you lol, I plan to be there around 11 or so. Hope to see you!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Fabulous card Julie and thats a terrific clock die. Enjoy your trip tomorrow. Nicola x



      ReplyDelete
    6. A fabulous male card Julie, great design....x

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Julie,
      Thank you so much for your comment on my blog and I'm looking at you again my eyes out! What are you there anyway good at getting a nice old look to your projects. ... and the clock is insanely nicely done! Many greetings from Gerie

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hi Julie, thanks for sending me a message, I take the opportunity to discover your blog... and I see a lot of gorgeous makes, really beautiful!! Hope you will realize your dream to work for magazines one day, you certainly well deserve it as all your makes - as far as I can see - are delicate and stunning! Crafty hugs, Coco x

      ReplyDelete
    9. What a fabulous glided clock - beautifully done!
      Alison x

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

    Julie x

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    01 09 10