|Click to Enlarge|
Hello and thanks for stopping by today and a warm welcome to my new followers, I have made it to 100 now Yippe !!
We are now onto Challenge 12 over at Linda Ledbetter's CC3Challenge. This fortnight sees us using the technique Distress Photo Tinting on Page 41 of Tim's new book. I can't demonstrate how to do this, but you will find all the info when you purchase Tim's new book, Compendium of Curiosities Volume 3, so you can do this amazing technique too. There is also plenty inspiration from the super talented Curiosity Crew, so make sure and pop over.
This fortnight the challenge is sponsored once again by the super generous Linda Coughlin to have a shopping spree with $25 at her shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique for one lucky winner. And if that's not enough you also have a chance of being chosen by the Curiosity Crew to win a bumper bundle of Tim's products, kindly donated by Tim and Mario.
When I read what this fortnight's challenge was, I immediately had an idea. Don't you just love when that happens ! Do you remember the photo cubes we all used to have in our houses in the late Seventies ? This is where my inspiration came from, but Seventies look.....not for me....I put my Shabby Vintage twist on it.
I unfortunately don't have the Artist Trading Blocks die yet, it is on my ever expanding wish list. However I remembered I had asked my daughter to bring me home some beer mats when she used to waitress a couple of years ago.
Although the beer mats are thick when you apply any fluid to them they go rather soft, so technically not the best to work with but they had the shape I needed. So I decided to line my mats with Coffee stirrer sticks, this way I could add glue and pressure to them to give my cube strength.
Once my cube was assembled I added Victorian velvet distress paint to the edges of all the sides and once dried I put tissue tape around all the edges. This also helped to cover up the angles on the beer mat. I finally rubbed a little vintage photo and black soot onto the edges.
My photo mats I cut out squares of black Kraft co ordinations paper. I then stamped with Versamark, embossed and rubbed with a baby wipe some tattered rose distress paint over the card. I then buffed it to show my embossed areas and distressed the edges to reveal the kraft, and mounted onto a little tattered rose coordination paper which was also distressed at the edges.
My photos are all pictures of me as a child, but that's all I can tell you about this bit, apart from I followed all instructions in Tim's book.
On the top I decorated my little wooden frame with distress powders. My metal embellishments I added distress paint to and a little gilding wax.
Hope you have enjoyed looking at this post as much as I did in making it. My daughter has already asked me to make her one for her bedroom, which is nice.
I would like to enter this in to :
- Linda Ledbetter's CC3 - Challenge 12
- Artistic Stamper - Memories Challenge
- Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Halloween or Not Challenge
- Artist Trading Post - Challenge 1 Anything Goes