Translator

Saturday 7 February 2015

8x8 Nautical Themed Layout


Hi Everyone and welcome to my new followers.Thanks for all your get well wishes and lovely comments on my card last week, truly appreciated, especially when I am so far behind visiting your blogs. Today for my DT post at Cheery Lynn Designs I am sharing with you an 8x8 Scrapbook Layout using a photograph of my Dad in the early days of his career in the Merchant Navy.


I started off by tearing out a section from an old map and adding some Distress Ink on to it to age it further and mounted it on to Cardstock which had been torn and distressed at the edges with my Distress tool.


I cut out my Ships Helm and added highlights with a Gold Pro marker.


Next I cut out my Anchor and highlighted the chain. 


You will see in this photograph I layered it up twice for a shadow effect, cutting the die cut in half gave me the expansion I needed for this effect.


My frame was cut out and highlighted with some Gilding Wax, my Ships Helm Die was once again accented at the side of this frame.


I trimmed the photograph of my Dad and added a White Border to help make the White on his Cap and Shirt pop forward. I don't yet have the Word Die Dad, so I paper pieced from my words Daughter and Birthday to get the word Dad.


I now trimmed a lighter shade of Blue Cardstock to 7.5 inches square and placed my Deutschland Border around the perimeter, once cut I Distressed the edges and mounted on to White Cardstock of the same size to highlight the beauty of this die.


Finally layering all my Layout onto an 8x8 piece of Dark Blue Cardstock. I added the Fishtail Banners which were trimmed down and curled at the edges adding a little star in the centre.

I hope this Scrapbook layout has inspired you to get creative. 

Now some exciting news for all the Cheery Lynn Design fans, we have a current DT call which you can check out HERE  for all the details if you fancy becoming part of a fabulous team.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend,


Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for: 



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the theme and the beautiful frame, great inspiration! Hugs,Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a lovely card Julie,your dad looks very handsome ;)
    Hope you are feeling better and have a great weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page Julie! I love that you used a real map page for your background! Great colours and layout, such a wonderful keepsake page for your Dad's picture! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful layout,love the papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, with nice details.
    Beautifully composed
    nice weekend
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo of your Dad - and you've given it a worthy setting. Love those papers.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page Julie and such a lovely photo of your darling Dad. Maps are great for using as backgrounds and yours looks brilliant here. Your Dad die cut made from 2 others is so clever. Keep getting better and take care, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely picture of your Dad and you have surrounded him by some beautiful elements, the ships wheels and anchor are wonderful and I love the old map in the background, that was a great touch. It really is a beautiful card. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Juile , stunning layout !
    .....and you day is very beautiful and élégant ....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully put together Julie, love your nautical themed card!! How wonderful you could use your dad's picture for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout, Julie! Love the little banners, a sweet die. The image is very cool! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous and a great way to to show off this lovely picture of your Dad, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a wonderful photograph and what a special tribute to your Dad, creating a layout with his image as the focal.
    You really do make the most wonderful use of the dies you have to hand.
    A beautiful creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layout, what a great picture of your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely picture of your Dad, Julie. Love the nautical layout, map and elements.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfectly composed layout, beautiful use of dies and a great way to commemorate your Dad's nautical experiences. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10