Translator

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Ahh Tissue ! Craft Consortium


Hi Everyone, today for my DT post at Craft Consortium I am sharing inspiration with one of their gorgeous Decoupage papers. They have so many in their range that suits every taste and styles for our crafting.


I purchased a chipboard tissue box from Hobbycraft and began altering it. First I gave my box a coat of white Gesso and once dry I started gluing on torn sections of Decoupage paper with Mod Podge Matt, adding a final coat of Mod Podge to seal the paper.


I always decorate my projects all the way round and on the inside, I think this gives a more professional finish and fools the eye into not believing it's started as Card.



I added small metal feet and a pretty paper from the Gypsy Gypsy pad to the base.


On the front I fussy cut out butterflies also from the Gypsy Gypsy pad and double layered them adding a drop of Silicone Glue behind the wings to help keep their shape.


My lid has a selection of embellishments from the Always and Forever collection for the perfect finishing touches.


Finally adding a box of tissues inside.

Thanks for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments and please do check out Craft Consortium and follow them on Facebook and Instagram for regular inspiration and giveaways.

Crafty Hugs, 
Julie x

Craft Consortium Products Used :
Decoupage Paper Victorian Wallpaper 

11 comments:

  1. simply stunning and so feminine Julie. The papers are gorgeous and your decoration really adds to the vintage feel I love.
    TFS and sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful Julie, you always finish your projects so professionally, I love the papers and the butterflies are just gorgeous!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Julie...far to lovely for a tissue box..LOL. Your layers are stunning and the little butterflies are a perfect finishing touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautifully feminine creation Julie and yes it really is too lovely for a tissue box!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Julie so prettily you have showcased the paper with the coordinated butterflies....simply gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I LOVE these beautiful tissue box, absolutely stunning!!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love the pearls around the opening too. You have showcased the paper beautifully. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Julie! so stylish, gorgeous. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft and elegant and so sweet! Those papers are so versatile and you have used it splendidly! Beautiful details just add the the vintage aesthetic. Awesome sauce and fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10