|Click to Enlarge|
Hello my fellow blog friends, thanks for stopping by to see my DT post for A Vintage Journey.
Chris is hosting our latest challenge called Birds of a Feather, which runs for 2 weeks. Please pop over HERE, where you will find all the details on how to enter this challenge and see some outstanding creativity.
For this challenge I was inspired by Tim to use cardboard on my project after him using this on his November tag. Let me take you through the process of making my wall hanging which measures just under 15 inches by 10, to give you a perspective of it's size.
I first of all cut out several sizes of circles using my circle cutter, removing the top layer of paper to reveal the corrugation and sealing with a coat of black Gesso.
Next stage was to dab some Forest Moss distress paint on and dry. Followed by spritzing on my stains building up shades and layers of colour and drying with my heat gun. Once I was happy with the shade I sprinkled Frantage around the edges heating from behind until it had melted.
I then cut out more circles in white cardstock- I used Sheena's. Placing in a cat litter tray I bought to use as my spray booth. This is a good way to not waste too much inks, as they don't soak into the plastic and re activate with a spritz of water. I started building up my layers of colours.
I also pressed into areas of ink pooled in my tray.
Next, I separated my bird napkin from its layers and tore close to my images. Tearing is better than cutting as your edges tend to disappear when you apply onto your background.
I used various stamps and Archival Ink on my background circles to build up more layers and distressed the edges with ink. I also kept checking where my birds were roughly going to be positioned so I didn't stamp too much in these areas. Once happy I applied Multi Medium Matte onto my cardstock pressing my birds in place. I then went over the whole area of card with Multi Medium to seal.
I decided I want to add some more detail for finishing touches, so gradually worked around the edges pressing them into my Versamark embossing ink pad and adding Stampendous Pearlustre in Champagne. I also added small areas of scattered embossing powder onto my pictures.
I also added some remnant rubs.
Next I added small areas of Rock Candy Crackle paint and let it dry, followed by a little Brushed Corduroy distress rubbed into the crackles.
I started to now glue my backgrounds to my images and the layers of brown paper I peeled off my corrugated card earlier, I glued to the back for a neater finish. I arranged all my images and used hot glue to put together, to make my picture. Adding a couple of plate hangers and an old chain from a necklace to make hanging on the wall easier.
Finally, my berries all were given 2 layers of Glossy accents for added dimension and interest.
I hope you like my wall hanging and I have managed to inspire you to join in the challenge at A Vintage Journey. You could also be the lucky winner of a £10 shopping spree with our generous sponsor Country ViewCrafts, where you will find lots of Tim's goodies with free P & P.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and have a great weekend to all my fellow bloggers,