Translator

Saturday 1 November 2014

Snow Globe Card

Click to Enlarge

Hi Everyone, here in Scotland we are now into the dark winter nights with our clock change last weekend.  I love seeing a crisp winter morning with snow, but unfortunately here we have more chance of it being wet and wild. So my inspiration for this card was made thinking of snow and how elegant it looks when there are no footsteps or tyre tracks in it.

For my Cheery Lynn Designs DT card this week I am using the newly released Deutschland doily, I decided to cut out the solid centre using my inverted scalloped circles and mounted gold card behind it and a piece of acetate. Top tip : If you dust the acetate lightly with your chalk powder bags used in stamping this helps to take the static off it and stops the glitter clinging too much.


Next stage, I stamped my image, cutting it out with the inverted circle die and mounting it onto some red card. I glued this onto my partly layered card and added some clear foam tape right around the edge of my stamped image. I then carefully added a mix of glitter and mica flakes into the centre and placed the top doily part on with silicone glue at the edges.


My Poinsettia has a little gilding wax added to the edges, a spritz of mica spray and stamens in the centre for added dimension. I cut out 2 flourishes placing one on complete and the other one I cut in half before placing on both pieces.

I finished by adding bling around the centre of my doily, scattering some snowflakes and stamping my sentiment onto my card.

Cheery Lynn Designs  Newly Released Doilies are all very versatile and could be easily adapted to this style of card. Please take a look at them here.

Thanks for stopping by today to see my card and I hope it has inspired you to start your Christmas cards. 

Have a lovely weekend.

Julie x

Cheery Lynn New Release :

Other Cheery Lynn Dies used :

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julie. What a stunningly beautiful card. Love the snowflake idea too. Have a Good Weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Julie! Brilliant idea to powder the acetate before adding a glitter. Thanks for sharing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Julie! Love the vintage papers and colours and what a genius way to use that doily die! So crafty! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card,wow that die looks really special,beautifully intricate design Julie

    Big hugs

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love that doily and I love how you made it into a snow globe (great tip about the chalk powder bag) and your colour choices are fantastic - love the flower too - and the whole layout of your beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is as pretty as can be and has a lovely Nordic feeling to it conjuring up images of crisp snow (as you say, not as in Scotland with our wet and wild weather or snow which turns all too soon into grey sludge!).
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very pretty card Julie, so lovely, the image and your shaking box are fabulous! Thanks for the tip. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Julie!
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty Julie. I love that little Stempleglede angel too. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Julie, what a beautiful card! I am running way behind with blog visiting (it's been a crazy couple of days here), but so glad I did not miss this! Love the design and the gorgeous colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors on this one Julie-- so festive yet so subtle and elegant
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie I have answered your query regarding comment box customization on the post
    blogger tricks

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great take on the shaker style card Julie. Love it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Julie, such a lovely card, the colours are beautiful together and that flower is just so beautiful! Still trying to catch up! Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10