Translator

Saturday 22 November 2014

Especially for You - Tag

Click to Enlarge

Hi Everyone, I decided to join in the fun of the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and make a tag for my DT post. I had full intentions of it being Festive in style, but it was such a horrible day outside I decided to think of summer days.


I cut a piece of Cardstock into a tag shape measuring 3.5 by 8 inches. I mounted my pink striped paper onto it which was distressed at the edges with my distress tool, to give a shabby feel.  I cut out my Deco Border in pink and white paper and offset one in front of the other to give added dimension.


I cut sections of my Snowflake Doily and placed on my tag for interest and texture. Next layering my fanciful flourishes on top.


My flowers were cut out in white card. I dabbed a little distress into the middle area of the flowers for shading and added flower soft for texture into the centres to finish them.


My speech bubble is from the Latest Release. The die is called Say What and has many shaped bubbles which are so much fun to use. I stamped a sentiment onto it and added distress ink around the edges.


My doll stamp was coloured with Copics and her dress was stamped on patterned paper and layered up. Finally adding a ribbon and some bling for finishing touches.

Hope you have a lovely creative weekend,


Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn For :


14 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Your tag is wonderful! Love the stripy paper and those delicate dies!
    I've been meaning to ask you.. What gsm paper do you use for die cutting (what's best anyway) and what do you use with it to make them cut properly and how on earth do you take them out so pretty and straight? So you use a vellum paper in between? I have a swirly die and no matter what I do the die doesn't want to come out of the cutter and when I manage to get it out it's like you pulled it through a bush! :) any tips? :) thank you! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ingrid, I will email you later on today to try and work out where you are going wrong. Cheery Lynn dies are coated with a special release paint which makes them far easier to come out. I also use a metal shim for intricate dies.
      Julie x

      Delete
  2. So Lovely Julia! I like the doll stamp very much..great work!
    Have a nice weekend! xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Julie, lovely layering and textures. Adore those flowers. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, clean and crisp and the young lady is really stylish. Lovely tag, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julie, what a gorgeous fresh tag you have made. Such pretty colours and that flower die is really scrummy. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,so pretty and feminine Julie,loving those flowers,so delicate and real looking. Your colouring is fab too,wonderful tag :)

    Have a great weekend

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hî Julie , what Fresh color combo ! It is Spring in December ! love this tag , love The use of to cours CLD borders, and flowers !
    Have a Nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful, love the very natural flowers. Warm greetings, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the image and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feminine and beautiful are the first words that spring to mind! The borders on your tag are beautiful and I love how you layered up - and the doll is lovely with her summery dress. Beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun and funky is what jumped to my mind, but yes, as Ann says, certainly feminine and beautiful too and I love the summery feel of it, just what is needed on a dull November day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tag Julie, the bunch of flowers is very beautiful! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW loved the center of your flowers...looks so unique
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10