Translator

Friday 7 February 2014

Ballerina Girl.

                                                       

Hello Everyone. This week I had my Mum’s birthday card to make. Usually I make her a card with Magnolia Tilda on it, but she had noticed my Pion Toppers in my craft room and admired them on several occasions, so thought would be nice to use instead. I wanted to do a style of card I hadn’t made before, so it was something she hadn’t seen me make before. I thought the little girl pictured on the topper looked like a little Ballerina and would blend well with some depth to the card and give a stage like effect, so I decided to make a 3D recess frame card.  After trying to get my sizes correct for the window, I wished I had never had this idea, but would not let it beat me. Eventually after several attempts, I got there and my idea was starting to take shape.






I had started off with white card, blending Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks to shade the paper. This was to reflect the colour of the  Ballerina's shoes. I stamped text, number and flourish stamps with the same inks to add more texture and interest to my paper.



I punched out 2 strips of paper and shaded one with Victorian Velvet and the other with Tattered Rose. Glue one onto the front and other to the back to give another feeling of depth. 
I die cut my rose and stamped on the flourish stamp in Victorian Velvet and blended Tattered Rose in parts of the die cut assembling my rose. I added a little cheesecloth and pearl stamens to it. My curls of paper are created by winding a strip of paper around a cocktail stick and shading with distress ink before releasing it. 





The glitter around the frame was all edged with Copper Stickles and whilst still wet I scattered some Pumice Stone distress glitter into it. I was really pleased with this result, as it ended up a mixture of a matt and sparkly colour contrast. My corners were created using CL tiny flourishes. I interlocked the die cuts together, swiped through distress stain and only placed glue on some areas so it didn’t lie flat on my paper. I then placed a tiny pearl onto accent.





I used the waste from cutting out my flourish die to use as a stencil with distress ink for more textures.

Photos around the card.










Hope you have enjoyed my post and have a lovely creative weekend.

Julie x

I would like to enter this in the following challenges :http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-118-add.html  - Add a Flourish Challenge.

http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/challenge-192-birthday-cards-for.html

http://craftyhandsdevon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/shades-of-same-colour.html

  http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/week-204-all-that-glitters-in-love.html


Products used : Cheery Lynn Dies Large and Medium roses, Tiny Flourishes Left and Right.Other products used : Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch, Distress inks, Colour coordination card Pion topper and craft stash. 

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Julie ..you always use you dies so fabulously and that image and the recessed frame with the glitter border looks just amazing !! ..I always get to learn something new whenever I drop in your blog ..keep Inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful Julie and I'm sure your Mum loved it, you are such a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Julie. Such a pretty image and then you've enhanced her wonderfully with your clever recess frame. As usual I'm soaking up the wealth of ideas you provide with every make e.g. use the diecut waste as stencil and your way of varying the stickles. Perfect placement of each and every element. I love it to bits and I'm sure your Mum does too. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, Julie, this is beautiful. I love how you turned the mini fanciful flourishes into corner adornments and then used the negative as a mask. What a wonderful idea! Love the soft vintage look to the card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for persevering, this is beautiful and I'm sure your Mum will love it! A brilliant use of the die cut waste and those Oh so subtle colours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I wonder what your Mum said about it...
    Love how you have created your background paper. Looks so soft.
    Some time ago I have made recess window card for my sister with the photo of her and my daughter. I was struggling with cutting the window too ;) it was a few years ago but my sister still have this card on display :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite from the pretty colour palette to that sweet and charming image of the girl.
    I hope your Mum has a wonderful birthday.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL card!! Love the colors and layers good luck in the challenge and thank you for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Desings xxx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project! Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful vintage make. Many thanks for entering the Crafty Hands Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful,just beautiful, love the vintage theme and the delicate colour choice...Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at CraftyHands x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful soft colour palette here Julie, you have created a gorgeous vintage card with fabulous dimension. The flowers add the perfect touch for a birthday card and I bet your Mum loves it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you are thrilled now that you persevered with the frame because if looks fabulous. I love that beautiful Pion image and the background you created with the die cuts is beautiful. The sentiments are both perfect too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done - such a pretty colour palette, and the delicate die-cuts work so well. Gorgeous flower too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card,! Well done for persevering. The image is gorgeous. Thank you for the lovely comment you left me about my post guest post on the OCC blog x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super classic card, well done.

    Becka DT - CraftyHands Challenge Blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10