Translator

Saturday 22 February 2014

Happy Birthday Dad



Hi Everyone, This is my second attempt to write my blog as I have just lost all that I had written on my laptop, which has just come back from being sorted for the second time. SCREAM ! So I am sorry but this will just be mainly a photo post as I have a few things to do today.

Firstly, Thanks to Rita for the inspiration on her blog here to make one of these cards. It was a delight to make. You will get instructions how to make one here .





Its my Dads Birthday this weekend and I decided to make a Garden card for him. I do hope you like it and if there is anything you want to know about techniques please drop me an email. I do love too share my tips. 









                               





 
 Various close up views showing more 
of the detail.  


My flower started off as a white piece of cardstock






As you can see here the card folds up neatly then springs out to create this wonderful Garden !




 
Here I have shown the hinge die cut out then after applying my techniques to produce this wonderful finish.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

 Julie x



I would like to enter this into :

Cheery Lynn - Shaped Card Challenge

Crafty Little Fairies - One for the Boys Challenge

That Craft Place - Make or Alter a box Challenge

Cheery Lynn dies used :
Blackeyed Susan Strip B338, Flourish Leaf Strip B178, Hinges B399, French Lattice Frame small, FRM 132.




13 comments:

  1. Your garden card is beautiful, I just love the little picket fence running around the rim and the way you have added the grasses to the edge pieces - such lovely finishing touches. Very clever and very beautiful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful...a work of art!! Thanks ever so much for joining us at Crafty Little Fairies this week and Good Luck!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creation for you Dad, I am sure he will love it. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project..Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so frustrating for you.
    This is stunning, honestly your Dad will be overcome with emotion when he receives this. This is what I call a gift from the heart because there is so much love been put into its creation. Wonderful detailing.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I'll bet your Dad loved it
    Thanks for playing along with That Craft Place
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Juliz. Your creation looks stunning and the attention to detail is fantastic. I can see h ow much you enjoyed making this. Hope your Dad had a great birthday and I bet he will treasure your card in a box. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous Julie - bet your Dad was thrilled, mowed over even (sorry!) with this.Saw one over at Ritas and it's a terrific idea. Love your grass, the little picket fence and all the detailing. Have a good week to come. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a stunning make Julie…I believe you put a lot of work in this creation and I also believe your dad will be more than happy with it...again stunning!! Greetings from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation - and the finish on that hinge really is wonderful. Just gorgeous!
    Alison x
    Ta-daah!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. Such a beautiful design and full of gorgeous detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge this week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful. I like it a lot :)
    I shall try to make this card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW WOW WOW absolutely awesome box full of spring happiness, thank you so much for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10