Translator

Friday 28 February 2014

Ronald’s Rustic Garden


Hello to all my crafty bloggers. I hope this week finds you all well and full of lots of creativity. For the first part of this week I have been working on a different project as it is going to take some time to make, but I have now got to all the fussy little bits on it, my favourite part, so hope to have on my blog some time in the near future. Whilst crafting this week I was thinking of inspiration to incorporate some of my favourite challenges together. My craft room window faces into my back garden where I love to listen to the birds and watch their antics, especially, my beloved little Robin I call Ronald - you may recall one of my very first posts last year featuring Ronald on a card. My spring flowers are all starting to flower now in the garden. Its so lovely to see the Snowdrops, Daffodils and Crocuses.


Unfortunately, I have no on-going photos of this project with Chris being at work, but lots of nice close ups now its finished. To start this project I got a piece of corrugated cardboard from my ever growing pile. I ripped off part of the top layer in some areas to reveal corrugation and left the top layer in other areas so I could stamp on. I gave it a coat of Gesso applying it with a baby wipe. I then shaded 3 colours of paint over it, finally stamping my seeds stamp with Archival ink and scattering some Frantage over it.


My leaves were die cut out of a grey/green paper and I stamped with a leaves stamp on the top to give added texture with Archival ink.


My flowers were made using CL Shasta Daisy and cream felt. The dies cut through the felt without any problem. I sprayed the felt with a little water and then swiped through some tattered rose distress stain. I then scrunched the felt together to blend the ink in a little more and dried them with my heat gun, finally popping them through a brad. The idea of putting the Wagon Wheel into the centre of my project came again from my garden as I have one sitting outside that has lots of flowers around it in the Summer.


My words and die cut hinge were made using Kraft paper. I stamped with Archival ink and added a little dot stamp with Rusty Hinge Stazon Ink and then heat embossed images.


Ronald was made die cutting the Sizzix Caged Bird with a piece of cardboard. I then placed a retro squares stencil over the top of him and applied Grunge paste. Once dry I added several layers of paint and sanded back in areas. His eye, I made from first putting a dot of Gunmetal Stickles onto the card and when it was dry I place a dot of Glossy Accents on it. Distressed edges with a little Black Soot and rubbed over a little Gilding Wax.


I placed a couple of eyelets onto my work using my Crop-a Dile. Layered all my pieces together and touched with some wax.

Tomorrow, I am off to Craftworld over at Hillington in Glasgow for a craft class using embossing powders, with my Crafty friend. So should be an enjoyable couple of hours in the afternoon.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Take Care, Julie xx

I wish to enter this in:

Its All About theVintage – Lace
Fashionable Stamping - Anything Goes Challenge

Products Used :
Cheery Lynn Dies- Pair of Ferns B118, Wagon Wheel B386, Hinges B399, Shasta Daisy B310.
Sizzix Bigz Caged Bird.
PaperArtsy Paints Irish Cream, Tinned Peas, Choc Pudding, Brown Shed and Grunge Paste. Stencil Retro squares ( Sorry don't know the name )
Stamps  - Stampendous Seed words, Paperartsy MN72, Inklycious Leaves, Jofy Plate 11. Tattered Rose Distress Stain, Black Soot Distress ink. Versafine Spanish Moss, Olympia Green and Versamark.
Stampendous Clear detail powder, Aged Green Frantage.
Felt, Pearls, Brads and Lace and garden twine all from stash.

19 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, look at all that gorgeous texture!!! This is an absolutely stunning creation--I LOVE all the elements! A true work of art! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! :) HUGS and happy weekend! Mynn xx

    PS: I would love for you to pop by my blog (On a Stampage)--I've got blog candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia this is fabulous! I lost my words....I love everything, texture, colours, burlap and even flowers (I am not really “flower girl”..lol..)
    Enjoy your class! Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - as always! Your garden sounds like a beautiful place and Ronald must be the star! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of corrugated card and how you created a wonderful textured piece. Ronald is a little beauty. We only have snowdrops in the garden so far but they are stunning. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous project....really love the pretty colors and your Shasta Daisy flowers are beautiful and so soft!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck xxx Amy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! love this beauty :) So glad you shared with us on IBS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, it´s a greate idee and the deitails so nice.

    thank for joinning it´s all aboutr the vintage

    lg meggi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece Julie! We both love that little bird - my favourite die. Love the way the leaf dies frame the activity and the beading trim is so pretty. Hope you have had a lovely time at the workshop. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious, from the sparkly corrugated texture in the background to that adorable bird - fabulous make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Thanks for the tips on using felt with the Cheery Lynn Dies! Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn's Challenges! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, what a wonderful garden spot you have created. I love the felt flowers, isn't it great that Cheery Lynn dies will cut felt. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous piece Julie, love the corrugated background and the stencilling on Ronald ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie .Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, this is a bit unusual but its fabulous. Your talent for taking a simple peace of card and turn into a piece of art is outstanding. You go into so much detailed work and everything turns out great.I am so happy to see you progress in the land of blogs and challenges I am sure it wont be long before you reach your dream of becoming a Designer for one of these groups that you love.
    TFS
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the rustic, textured background and beautiful embelishments...Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, I love your gorgeous project and the story behind it's creation! You've added layer after layer, tons of texture, and your sweet little Robin finishes everything off perfectly! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at the Frilly and Funkie blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is amazing!!! Thanks so much for playing along at IBS xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to see Ronald in his wonderful garden Julie. This is such a beautiful project. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the wonderful shabby feel of your wall hanging, Julie! And Robin is just gorgeous with is beautiful red breast - the grunge paste stenciling makes such a great texture. Fabulous lace too! So great to have had you playing along with us again over at Frilly and Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully done Julie! Love the textures and the way you've incorporated the paste~ The mix of the symmetry and grungy finishes is delightful! So glad you joined us for the Frilly and Funky challenge!! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10