Translator

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Craft Consortium's MDF Launch


Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by today and apologies for falling so far behind with your lovely blogs but I have not been well at all recently. Craft Consortium recently launched a new collection of MDF products along with glue and brushes to compliment their wonderful range of Decoupage Papers. You may have tuned into Create and Craft last week and noticed them being showcased.



My letter rack has been covered  in the sheets of Vintage Postcards Decoupage paper, gluing in place and adding a top coat of glue. I didn't add Gesso to my MDF before adding the paper as I wanted to keep the muted tones. It also makes great craft storage as well as a letter rack.


Once dry I sanded my edges to give a crisp edge. I also added some gold Embossing Powder around the edges to add a Vintage feel.




I added a layer of felt onto the base.


My butterflies were fussy cut from another Decoupage Paper and glued in place adding Rhinestones into the centres for a finishing touch.





Thanks so much for stopping by and I do hope I am able to catch up with all your blogs shortly. Also a big thank you to my darling husband who does my photography and putting my blog posts up for me. I really don't know what I would do without his help.

Crafty Hugs, 

Julie x

Craft Consortium Products Used :

3D MDF Letter Rack
Flutter of Butterflies Decoupage Papers
Vintage Postcards Decoupage Papers  
Small and Large Rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. what a stunning project Julie x Those papers are gorgeous and your storage is so pretty x Sorry to hear you have been unwell and I hope you pick up soon x
    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Julie...what a rocking post....love the vintage look and the gold borders are so special ...

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to store things, Julie. Hope you feel well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good, Julie.
    Loving the muted background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie'
    Good to see something beautiful again very beautiful has become your creation and very handy on your desk! I hope that you will get better soon with your health!
    Gerie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only such a beautiful storage box (those papers are gorgeous)but such a useful make too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage box !
    Lovely papers .
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10