Translator

Monday 22 May 2017

Maja Guest Design

Hello everyone, I am super excited and honoured to have been asked to Guest Design for Maja Design today - a dream come true for me. 
I do hope you enjoy my 3 projects on this blog post today as much as I have enjoyed creating with their exquisite papers.


As a child I remember my parents had a Photo Cube in the house where family photos took pride of place and with all the beautiful images Maja Design have to offer I was inspired to making one in a shabby chic style. My cube measures approximately 3.75 inches square and was created by gluing beer mats together to form the cube, adding some coffee stirrer sticks at the joins internally to help strengthen my cube. Next I added tissue tape around all my seams and a little blue Distress paint.


My papers were all cut to size and tattered at the edges, I then rubbed some Versamark Ink around the edges and heat embossed my Embossing Powders. I added a pretty lace to the back of my paper and positioned them all in place with foam strips on each side. This helps to give my lace more dimension than lying flush next to the cube.


I tattered my images at the edges and added a little stamping to distress them before matting and layering in place on my cube.


I decorated with lots of small flowers with a Pearl centre and some dried ones.


I fussy cut out lots of butterflies using both the 12 x 12 paper and 6 x 6, gosh I adore these butterflies for a perfect finishing touch.


I added a diecut banner onto the top of my cube with my chipboard sentiment which had been heat embossed with the same colours as the edges of my paper.


My larger flowers were shaded with Distress Inks and Pearl Stamens added into their centres with some smaller butterflies added onto their petals.



I finished off my cube by adding small brass feet from my stash that I added highlights of Gilding Wax.


Finishing of with a few more images of my cube.




Maja Design Products Used :

Other products used:
Cheery Lynn Designs - 
Sue Wilson Small Flowers - Delicate Garden
Stampers Anonymous - Correspondence Set
6 Square Beer Mats or Chipboard measuring approximately 4 inches square 
Tissue Tape
Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap 
Distress Paint - Faded Jeans 
Treasure Gold Gilding wax 
Versamark Ink Pad 
Gold and Penny Copper Embossing Powders 
Anna Marie Dried Flowers 
Flower Stamens, 
Cheesecloth and Lace - Ribbon Girl 
Scrapiniec Chipboard - Memories Captured 
Pinflair Glue, Hot Glue, Cosmic Shimmer Glue, Foam Strip Tape 
Tiny Pearls and Brass Feet - Hobby House



This card uses the exquisite papers from the Sofiero Collection. I love the pretty feminine tones and the elegance of the images that compliment any craft project so well. This card measures approximately 5" x 10" and I intend to put it into a frame to keep as my 'Precious Memory' as a Guest Designer here at Maja Design.


I started with tattering the base pink layer of my card with my scissors, this would help frame the soft tones on my design. I gathered lots of little scraps of paper from my Sofiero Collection and cut into approx 1" squares, tattered at the edges and placed onto my card with foam strips. I now added on my torn layer of paper with tattered edges, some stitching and lace for extra detail.


My dressing table mirror was diecut in white cardstock and I stippled on some Gesso for extra texture and once dry I added some Gilding Wax for highlights. You will also notice I replaced the mirror part of my diecut with a oval chipboard which had been painted and gilded in the same way. My beautiful image was glued onto an oval chipboard adding Pearls around the frame, finishing with a flower in her hair and a small Pearl added to her choker for extra detail.


My Ivy chipboard has been painted nestling some small flowers around them and adding a few diecut leaves.



My lilac flowers were created with Distress Inks and adding Pearl centres, my other flowers have all been creating using Maja Papers.


Products Used List.
Maja Design Products Used -
Other Products Used -

Scrapiniec - Ivy and Precious Memories
Dusty Attic - ATC Frame
Marianne Creatables Vintage Mirror
Spellbinders Hydrangea
Gilding Wax - Rose
Gesso
Sewing Machine, White Thread
Lace, Cheesecloth
Mini Pearls, Pearl Ribbon
Distress Oxide Peeled Paint
Distress Ink Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac Foam Strips 
Pinflair Glue and Cosmic Shimmer Glue 


The inspiration for this card which measures 7.5 x 5.5 inches came from the love between a mother and daughter on my image and the beautiful Vintage Romance 12 x 12 paper called Engagement. I knew these would compliment each other so well and I could replicate the pretty flowers from the background paper onto my card.


I started by adding tattered layers, accents of cheesecloth, touches of lace and Frantage for a shabby feel.


My roses were die cut out in coordinating papers and inked with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I also added some small flowers with a mini Pearl into their centres.


My floral arrangement was positioned onto my card with leaves which were inked at the edges and a few flourishes for added detail.


I finished with a small double layered heart chain, some dried flowers and a little thread positioned through my bouquet.


Maja Design Papers Used :
Cheery Lynn Dies Used:

Other Products Used :
Lace, Cheesecloth
Image from Stash
Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks 
Stampendous Shabby Green Embossing Enamel 
Stampendous Aged Bronze embossing Enamel 
Craft Consortium Pearl

Thanks so much to Camilla for giving me this opportunity which shall be forever in my heart and for the super talented Design Team at Maja for their endless inspiration.
I would love if you had time to leave me a comment.

Crafty Hugs to all, 
Julie xx

11 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations on your Guest Design spot Julie. I am in awe of these beautiful vintage creations. Your cube is amazing with the most wonderful vintage feel and stunning photos. I agree the butterflies are gorgeous. Both cards are in a stunning vintage design.
    Thank You for sharing the details.

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my lovely friend! Julie these are simply stunning! I love these papers (though mine are still in the packet lol) I also love the vintage/shabby chic look and you have certainly captured them in your projects. Well done and congrats on the GD spot. Hugs, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations on your GDT at Maja Design!!! It is so well deserved and your projects that feature their papers are simply breathtaking. I am so happy for you Julie!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julie !
    Congratulations on your GDT at Maja Design!
    Woowww This is amazing Gorgeous Julie ! love the cube whit this lovely papers and photo's .
    Beautiful card love the flowers you make very nice .
    Hugs Doris xxx


    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congrats on your GD Julie and wow 3 just gorgeous projects. You have showcased these lovely papers so beautifully and with so many details. Beautiful work, well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Julie, on being a guest designer! So well deserved! I love each of these projects. They are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Just wanted you to know that I didn't receive your email with the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning projects Julie with wonderful layers and some gorgeous photos and embellishing, you so deserve being a guest using the maja papers, you and they are a match made in heaven. Huge congrats. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, BIG congrats on your GDT spot, so very well deserved, as these stunning projects show! Your cube is just out of this world and how clever to make it out of beer mats. Both cards are absolute stunners too, shabby chic perfection to every last detail, fantastic work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow simply mind blowing Julie, huge congrats on your GDT spot too, you've created some amazing stunners here
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, I was so thrilled to open my MD email and see your fabulous ATB! Biggest congrats girl! Each of these projects is amazing! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Congratulations on your well deserved GD spot for Maja Design! You certainly have done them proud with these beautiful creations! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10