Translator

Friday 5 May 2017

Missing You


Hi everyone, today for my DT card at Cheery Lynn Designs I am sharing with you a few tips on how to get dimension into your Dies cuts.


My card today uses Maja Design papers,  I started by cutting out my Stacker layers and tattering at the edges with my scissors and tearing out small sections of the paper and inserted my lace style die cut for detail.


My butterflies were all cut out twice and I moulded the wings to give shape with my fingers. I pressed them into my Versamark Ink pad and heat embossed with a Pearl Embossing powder. Whilst still warm I held my wings so they stayed curled as they cooled and would then constantly remain in this shape. This is a great way so your wings don't flatten especially if posting a card.



My flowers I sprayed my die cuts with a little water and moulded each petal in a concertina effect. I next dried with my heat gun and then teased my petals back out to show the crinkles and shaped the layers on my Embossing mat then added a Pearl and Stamens into their centres.


I accented my Doily top and bottom of my card adding half a flower onto them and used the matching mini Doily behind my centre butterfly.

Shop at Cheery Lynn for -
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you feel inspired to try these techniques in your next crafty project.

Crafty Hugs,
Julie x

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning Julie! Your butterflies are so sweet and the versamark/embossing techniek beautifull! Thanks for sharing this! Have a nice weekend!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Julie! Thanks so much for the tips. I love those beautiful dies that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I love the tattered edges and gorgeousness peeking through and those layered butterflies are a showstopper! Bravo! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Julie, you have added some wonderful dimension to the butterflies and flowers! Great tips too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Julie, almost looks denim like,fantastic. Thanks for leaving me such a lovely comment about my new stamps too, I had no idea you had a poodle too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julie ,
    Wow I Love This ! So beautiful lovely papers and Your butterflies so sweet !!
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this soft and feminine card Julie xx amazing details and depth in those stunning butterflies....Beautiful

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, I love your butterflies and the flowers added to the centre . Lovely delicate colour palette and great tips. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally in 'love' with this card. It is so pretty and delicate. Great job Julie!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and loving all the gorgeous detail. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10